I think the best way to get to know someone is to ask them totally random questions, be curious, and to share thoughts about life experiences. I am going to answer some questions I think will help you get to know me. Ask yourself these questions as well, it’s a great way to check in with yourself and start your journey of self-discovery. Feel free to share your answers with me!
What are 5 passions you have and why?
1. People…Not having just a superficial connection with my husband, family and friends but one that is built on unconditional love and support. I make a sincere effort to express to those who I choose to be in my life that they are special to me and why I love them.
2. Design…Not just Interior Design which was my field of study and the industry I have been in for more than a decade but I love product, packaging, branding, art, furniture, fashion, photography. Design school was the first stage in my life where I got to really know myself and have a sense of pride. I love the process of having a vision, trusting your instincts and implementing it. Sorta like how I approach life!
3. Food…I am a total foodie, I love to plan a menu, decorate the table, entertain a group of people and create memories! I love to eat, try new restaurants, and experiment with flavor!
4. Nature…I find total solitude with being outside. If I am going through a difficult time in life, being outside renews my spirit and inspiration. I love feeling the sun on my skin, gardening without gloves, and exploring parks.
5. Music…I can not live life without music. It’s an escape for me and also has helped me get through some dark times in my life. Aside from people, I feel so connected with certain songs! I have a very small collection of vinyl which I hope to grow. (side note: at my wedding I walked down the aisle to Elvis, Can’t Help Falling In Love and our first dance was Ritchie Valens, You Belong To Me)
What are 5 things that make you happy?
Dragonflies, smelly candles, pretty pillows, a cup of tea, and snuggling my hubby!
What 5 things do you hope to be remembered for?
I will want to be remembered for making people feel special, for being a kind and generous person, for inspiring others, for following my dreams, and my loving nature.
What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
I can’t speak for other countries but I believe there is a major focus on going to a traditional college/university and building a career from there. I think it’s important and life changing to go off to college however, I don’t think it’s for everyone. I would love to see more of a push to learn trades and have more options available for trade schools. I think there should be more of a push to develop a sense of self so that students can find their passion and know what direction they should go in. Our youth has so much social pressure now more than ever! I also think it is important for successful people to become mentors to our youth, it often only takes one person to make a true difference in someone’s life.
Summer or Winter?
I was born and raised in a small town in Connecticut so I love the change of seasons, cozy sweaters, and roaring fires but growing up I always favored the summer warmth! I have been living in Florida for a little over 2 years now and love being able to be outside throughout the year and being super close to the beach!
How would the person closest to you describe you?
My husband adoringly calls me a hippie! I love everything Bohemian and I have always connected with other artists and musicians. All my life I have been soul searching and on a quest to grow personally so I guess it’s fitting!
What are you best known for?
I have a great laugh, humor is such an ice breaker in my life. People that have known me a while know I am really a total goofball!
What have you learned from your girlfriends?
I have learned that the best of times are when you go with the flow and add spontaneity to your life, that when you are smiling and engaged in the moment you can feel so alive, love is about building someone up not judging others, & everyone has their own “crap” but any relationship should be based on give and take.
I am a certifiable popcorn junkie, I love me some popcorn! I also love coming home from a work week and listening to Piano Guys on Pandora all alone in my house, it helps me decompress! I love dark chocolate and a glass of Pinot Noir and watching documentaries & old reruns of sitcoms from my childhood!