Boho decorating is all about relaxed living, coziness, color, layered patterns, texture, and rustic elements. Whether you appeal to a more casual beachy boho look or a more sophisticated boho chic style, have fun with decorating and creating a space that truly reflects you and your lifestyle.
Bohemian is a state of mind, a lifestyle, and most of all, it’s your essence and free spirit in life that makes you unique! If you love color, pattern, handmade accessories, nature, plants, photography, art, raw materials, natural gemstones, metals, cooking, music, and culture you are definitely boho!
Spring is a great time to refresh your home and add some color and natural elements to your living space. Have fun with it and make sure you surround yourself with your favorite things! Don’t get hung up on matching everything, because a bohemian style home it’s all about being eclectic. Just make sure you have a color scheme to pull it all together.
One thing I love about my job working at a design firm is seeing the latest and greatest textiles and products. Check out the latest boho inspirations and some new designs that I have fallen in love with!
Here are some of my most favorite ways to incorporate the boho look into your decor!
1. Incorporate colorful botanical prints, ikats, embroidered patterns, and geometric fabrics. Don’t be afraid to mix patterns and add punches of color to your space! Starting with a neutral room makes it easy to change and add fun and colorful accents.
2. Add flowers and house plants to your living space! Bring the outdoors in, this is a simple way to get the boho look!
3. Use textured and colorful throw rugs to your home. Bohemian inspired rugs are everywhere now. Go for a natural look with jute, sisal, or bamboo or use the rug to add a bold pattern!
4. Style your space with things you love…beautiful stacks of books, items you collect, and unique items you want to display.
5. Add a gallery wall of collected art and find lamps that are special. Think of lighting as the jewelry in your decor. It should appear that you have traveled and collected things over time. Shop for really unique mirrors, these are the pieces that will stand out in your space and will be your focal point.
6. Mix more traditional pieces of furniture and incorporate antiques with more modern pieces. Having a headboard with clean lines mixed with a more traditionally carved nightstand will keep your look fresh. Oh and make sure your main lounge seating is really comfy, there’s nothing worse than not being able to relax and nap on your sofa!
7. Add animal print, small or more bold if you dare! I always add a bit of animal print in every space. Check out how fun adding some to a living room can be!
8. Change up your space with wallpaper! There are some amazing prints and it’s such a fun way to change the look and add some drama. Powder rooms, mudrooms, hallways are great spaces to add a punch of pattern. It’s not your Grandma’s wallpaper! Wallpapers is one of the most powerful ways to get a “decorated” look. Check out how simple a design this is and how this entry mudroom has become such a fun lil space!
9. More is more (not less is more)…a boho space should be cozy and inviting. Get a layered look by following these tips. Don’t make it too perfect where your guests feel like they can’t sit and enjoy themselves! Add candles, throws, lots of pillows to your living area to make it a relaxed atmosphere.
10. When entertaining, layer fun colorful dishes, tablecloths and linens that have some color or pattern and always include some fresh flowers or cut foliage from your backyard!
Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest to get more inspiration! Stay tuned for next week’s post where I will give inspiration for planning a boho chic wedding!
- Bohemian Charm – Living Room: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404901822730052921/
- rousephillips8 fabric: http://studiofournyc.com/
- JUSTINABLAKENEY•UNCOMMONGOODS: http://www.justinablakeney.com/
- Boho Living Room: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991287383935/
- Diamond Rug: http://studiofournyc.com/
- caitlinmcgauley17 wallpaper: http://studiofournyc.com/
- BO76 Area Rug: http://studiofournyc.com/
- Bali_Isle_wallpaper_Lindsey_Coral_Harper_House_Beautiful_lg_thumb: http://quadrillefabrics.com/
- Eclectic Living Room: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991277029597/
- Rio-wallpaper-Henriot-Floral-headboard-Christopher-Maya-House-Beautiful-April-2016: http://quadrillefabrics.com/
- Chic Bohemian Beach House: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991277029722/
- AO08 Area Rug: www.studiofournyc.com
- Beach Boho Bedroom: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991277029413/
- Living Room w/Gallery Wall: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991287383935/
- Peruvian Rugs: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/559150109967201454/
- Vanity Styling Tips: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991287224109/
- Entry Lighting: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/7318418121639805/
- Sofa with Leopard Pillows: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/407223991285116660/
- Boho Tablescape: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4925880821081603/